Marcus_Time

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Celebrity Crushes (who I'll admit to)

On a lighter note, from my last blog.

I have a variety of odd celebrity crushes. Either my crush is odd or the celebrities themselves are odd. Two celebrity crushes I will publicly admit include Jim J. Bullock and Russell Brand.

Jim J. Bullock (actor) was most popular way back when in the television situational comedy "Too Close for Comfort." I believe my first regular exposure to him was via Hollywood Squares and ALF. He's the younger guy standing on the left in the group picture from the televion series. Nowadays, he occasionally does cameo appearances in independent films. I also saw him on the Oxygen Network's game show "I've got a secret." Apparently, Jim J. doesn't have many secrets left. His lover died with AIDS, he is HIV seropositive, and he is a homosexual. He's always a goofy, hilarious riot. And when I last saw him on the Oxygen Network he had a beautiful frame, nice arms and shoulders. Speaking of frames... he was the inspiration for me buying the glasses I did a couple years back, a retro looking bottomless frame.

Russell Brand (comedian) is my brand new crush. He's described himself as the "S&M Willy Wonka." First he's got the British accent. Need I say more? Second, he's comfortable with his masculinity. Although he is a heterosexual, he has a way of being masculine that is still comfortable with his feminine side (tight jeans, big hair, sexual jokes). I find the combination fun, unpredictable, and appealing. I'm even considering buying one of the T-shirts from Brand's web site that has one of his catchphrases " 'citin' "
emblazoned on the front.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever get my hair as high as his (but I didn't say I wouldn't try).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home